02 August 2008

Care package dinner

I really enjoy cooking for groups of friends, and, as I found out recently, have developed something of a reputation for doing so, particularly on the holidays.

Tonight was no holiday, but I still decided to invite a few people over for dinner and was particularly excited to do so since I had received a care package earlier in the week that was filled with delicious foodstuffs - drink mix, instant sauces, spices, packets of flavored mashed potatoes and rice, salad dressings, chocolates, tuna, and so much more. So tonight for dinner I was able to make things I'd never been able to make in Rwanda - pasta with pesto sauce, Parmesan-crusted tilapia, salad with real salad dressing, peach tea and, for dessert, banana fritters with chocolate sauce. I'm pretty sure we all overate our share, but it sure was delicious!
(Thank you, Nicole, for making this possible!!)

No comments: