I had my camera with me today while I was riding across town and decided to take a brief video of one of the main roads in Kigali. This is certainly the largest and longest road, going from the airport all the way downtown. In the video, I'm riding a moto, which is one of the main modes of transportation through Kigali.
Motos are somewhere between a moped and a motorcycle and provide easy, cheap transportation. The most you can pay (even as a muzungu) is about two dollars, and that would be for a trip from the far side of downtown out to the airport. Most rides are around town are less than fifty cents. Amazingly, all the motos are registered with the government, drivers are required to wear official vests with their registration number and both drivers and passengers are required to wear helmets.
30 August 2008
Riding through town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment