24 January 2009

The Big Apple

I haven't been to New York in years, but on my way back to Cairo from Greenville, I decided to stop by for a couple days to visit some friends. Even though I spent the vast majority of my time there just hanging out and catching up with those friends, I still spent a little time walking around the city and seeing a few sights. I had a few hours to waste on Friday morning and wandered down 42nd street, from Grand Central Station to Times Square.
On my way, I passed the New York Public Library, so I went inside and I absolutely loved it! I was disappointed photography wasn't allowed inside; the building is incredibly beautiful.
I also walked through Bryant Park, which is probably most famous as the home of New York Fashion Week, even though it was currently the site of a free ice skating rink. I was dying to take a turn on the ice, but unfortunately didn't have time to stop longer than just to take a look.And that was it for seeing any famous (or even pseudo-famous) places; the rest of the time I just spent hanging out and having fun!

No comments: