Unfortunately, today was my last day in Greenville, but, I have to say, I can't imagine a better way to have spent it than downtown at Artisphere with my family!
Artisphere, Greenville's annual arts festival, is taking place this weekend, "showcasing the arts, reflecting the area's international flair, and maximizing existing arts programs by providing a diverse menu of experiences that center around the arts visual and performing and Greenville's multi-cultural offerings to appeal to visitors from throughout the world, as well as citizens throughout the region." A whole section of Main Street is shut down to traffic and business as usual is put on hold while the streets are filled with visual and performing artists. It's a really incredibly fun event!And it could not have been held in a better location on a more beautiful day! Sometimes when I'm away from Greenville for a while, I guess I forget just how absolutely beautiful the city is. Days like today remind me so I took a few pictures while we were downtown at the festival.
08 May 2009
Artisphere in downtown Greenville
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment