I made a new friend today at work. Her name is Silvia and she’s about six years old. There are always a few children running around the clinic while their parents are in the waiting room or with a nurse. But Silvia was different than most. When she saw me, instead of standing paralyzed with confusion or turning and running in fear, she walked straight up to my desk with a big smile on her face. One of the nurses made introductions for us since neither of us spoke the other’s language, and I found out she is the daughter of one of the project’s community workers. Since I couldn’t take a break from work, I gave her a colored pen and some paper to draw, and she stood at my desk for a while. But I could tell she wanted something else. It didn’t take long to realize she wanted to wear the sunglasses which I had been wearing on top of my head. Before long, she was wandering all around the clinic with my enormous sunglasses on her face. I’m pretty sure everyone got a good laugh out of the situation.
21 November 2007
Silvia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment