As much as I thought I was prepared to spend Christmas and New Year’s in Africa, I’ve realized over the past few days that there really is no place like home for the holidays. Al Stillman certainly had it right when he wrote those lyrics over fifty years ago – “Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays, ’cause no matter how far away you roam, if you want to be happy in a million ways, for the holidays you can’t beat home sweet home.” There really is nothing that can compare to taking time to celebrate the holidays at home with family and friends. I hope everyone else feels as wonderfully happy (in a million ways) and truly thankful as I do this holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
28 December 2007
Home for the holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment