Last night I went to the movie theatre to see the new 'Sex and the City' movie with several of the girls with whom I work. Now, there are a few factors you may need to consider to understand how truly exciting this event really was:
1. There is no movie theatre in Kigali (or Rwanda, for that matter) so I haven't been to see a movie in at least nine months.
2. Not only is there a movie theatre in Lusaka, but it has stadium seating and comfortable chairs.
3. The theatre served popcorn (another thing I haven't had in at least nine months) and, even though they didn't have that gross, melted, movie-theatre butter, they did have delicious flavored salts.
4. The theatre was showing 'Sex and the City', which is significant in two ways. First of all, because it isn't eight months or eight years old. It came out here the same day it came out in the U.S. Secondly, it's a movie that I really wanted to see, rather than one that I would just go to see because it was playing and I wanted to go to the theatre.
5. They showed previews with the movie, which are usually my favorite part anyway.
It was a really nice night. I actually forgot I was in Africa for a little while. And the movie, even if it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be, was cute and fun.
03 June 2008
Sex and the City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was going to tell you today that we went to Sex and the City last night but I didn't want to make you jealous! I'm so glad you saw it. I agree it could have been even better but I liked it. Tony loves the show and he loved the movie also :-p I love you!!!!
Post a Comment