On my third day in Kendwa, I went snorkeling off the coast of Mnemba Island, a small, private island off the northeast coast of Zanzibar. It took about two hours by boat to reach the island.As we approached the island, it was really unbelievable - white sand beaches and turquoise blue waters so clear you could see the coral and the fish from the surface.
After a couple hours of snorkeling, we climbed back onto the boat for a delicious lunch of fresh fish, chapati, mango, pineapple and bananas. It may have been the best fish I've had in my life, and some of the best mango, too.
On our way back to Kendwa, the captain of the boat caught an octopus to "feed to his cat". (It sounded strange, but I didn't ask questions.)
19 July 2008
Snorkeling off Mnemba Island
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment