I'm afraid this post is really late. And it might make things even more confusing about where I am and for whom I'm working. But I'm going to write it anyway.
A couple weeks ago we celebrated the official opening of IEIP-Egypt. Now, before things get too complicated, this is a different program than the one for which I am working. I work for IEIP; this was a ceremony for IEIP-Egypt. The basic difference is that IEIP is a regional office whereas IEIP-Egypt is focused only on Egypt. Conveniently, though, IEIP-Egypt is located at the Abbassia Fever Hospital, which is right next door to NAMRU-3. (See previous post called 'IEIP, GDDRP, NAMRU-3 & DoD' for more information on the IEIP for which I work.)
Anyway, the ceremony and ribbon-cutting for IEIP-Egypt was a high profile event. The Egyptian Deputy Minister of Health, the U.S. abassador, NAMRU-3's executive officer and the director of CDC's infectious disease division all spoke and many other high-ranking officials from both Egypt and the U.S. attended. Even though it was a huge pain to plan and implement, the event turned out really nicely and I think officials from both countries were impressed.
07 November 2008
IEIP-Egypt official opening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment