I live in a section of Cairo called Maadi. It's a residential area on the south side of the city where a lot of expats live. And it's easy to see why so many choose to live here. It's much more quiet than the rest of Cairo, has less traffic and has tons of trees and greenery. The first two pictures below are from my street.
The next few were taken on Road 9, which is about two blocks from where I live and is such a wonderful convenience. Road 9 is full of shops, restaurants, coffee shops, vegetable stands and just about everything else you could ever need.



Yes, Road 9 even has a McDonalds, and it's right at the intersection with the street on which I live, so it's the landmark I have to give when telling people where I live. I never expected that!
07 November 2008
Maadi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment