24 April 2008

Sick and tired

I've felt myself getting sick for the past several days and I've tried to fight it off, but today, it finally caught up to me. I woke up with a splitting headache, realized I felt absolutely awful and decided it would be best not to go to work. So I laid around in bed until around 11:30 and then got up and moved to my living room. Not much more awaited me there than in my room, and I realized the trouble with being sick in Rwanda (other than feeling terrible and missing work) is that it's really quite boring.

I can't even remember what I find to do when I'm sick in the U.S. (watch mindless television and DVDs of movies I've seen dozens of times?), but whatever it is, there is decidedly less of it here. I suppose I spent the afternoon napping (a good thing since I haven't been sleeping well), watching the last of the DVD extras from season one of Survivor (I told you there wasn't much to do), looking around on the internet (I'm now caught up on news, sports scores, friends' blogs and useless knowledge) and, as you can see, making some changes to this site.

No comments: