This morning, I was surprised when I walked into my office and found decorations on my desk! One of my coworkers had hung party streamers and decorated my desk with two party hats.After I was told that I had to wear my hat all day, we decided that everyone should take a turn wearing the other party hat and I should take a picture with each. We didn't make it through everyone in the office, but I thought I could post a few of the pictures. The first three are data technicians; the fourth manages our counseling and testing centers; and the fifth is one of our general workers, who doesn't speak a word of English and barely speaks any French, but is so sweet and so funny.
In the middle of the morning, another of the general workers walked in with a beautiful floral arrangement of cala lillies, roses and other flowers, complete with a note "from Hudson". I'm still not sure I understand the chain of people that it took for that surprise to happen (Hudson contacted someone, who asked someone else to get the flowers, who had to ask someone else how to write the note because he doesn't speak English or French, who had to have someone else draw the design on the note, who then had someone else deliver the final gift to me). I but it was a true surprise.
A little later in the day, at tea time, someone even brought a birthday cake for everyone to share with our tea.
The day was wonderful and filled with so many incredible surprises, especially considering the fact that I didn't think anyone even knew it was my birthday!
06 May 2008
Birthday in the office
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment