17 May 2008

Move to Zambia

Those of you who read this blog occasionally (or even frequently) may notice that I have changed the title at the top of the page. The reason for this change is that on Monday I will be leaving the Land of a Thousand Hills. The organization with which I work also has projects in three cities in Zambia and has requested that I spend the next few months in Lusaka, the capital city of the country. So, since I plan to continue to keep this blog updated, "In the Land of a Thousand Hills" no longer seemed like an appropriate title.

I have absolutely loved my time in Rwanda and will greatly miss the people, the landscape and the daily life of this place that has become my home. However, I look forward to the adventures and lessons that await in southern Africa, and I know that it will not be long before I return to east Africa.

2 comments:

PreacherMom said...

We MUST chat! Eric will be in Lusaka in July; I'm sure he'd love to see you while he's there. We were hoping we could all come, but the tickets are too much.

Melissa said...

There truly is Something in These Hills. And to me that doesn't mean just Clemson. There's something in this lack of hills that is Baton Rouge. There's something in Greenville, in Kigali, and there's something awaiting you in Lusaka. It's just what you make of it. And I know you are doing just that. I am prouder and prouder of you every day. All my love.