Have you ever tasted a gooseberry? Have you ever even seen a gooseberry? Until tonight, I hadn't. In fact, I wasn't even sure they were a real fruit. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were a fictional creation like a schnozberry. (There aren't really schnozberries, are there?)
Tonight I stopped at my usual fruit and vegetable stand to pick up a few things and I saw a basket full of something I couldn't identify. They were about the size of cherry tomatoes, only green and orange, and with a thin crispy shell similar to that of a tomatillo.I asked the man who runs the stand what they were, and he handed me one as he told me their name. As it turns out, schnozberries are delicious! And as I was leaving, he added a bag of them to my pile of groceries.
"A gift," he said.
"A really delicious gift," I thought, and indeed it was!
15 March 2009
Gooseberries
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment