07 December 2008

Dead Sea Spa

The Dead Sea was also the perfect location for some relaxation and we spent most of a day at the Dead Sea Spa. After soaking in the sulfur baths for a while, we went down toward the shore of the Dead Sea, to cover ourselves in mud from the area.
After another rinse in sulfur water (I’m not sure what it does, but they were swearing it was good for the skin), we walked to the actual Dead Sea. It was quite a long walk and along the path were signs showing just how far the sea had receded in previous years.
Once at the sea, though, it was absolutely incredible. I had been afraid that the salts and minerals in the water would sting (someone had warned me it was painful), but I had no trouble at all! Instead, I walked into the warm water, laid down and immediately floated to the surface! It was such a strange sensation not to have to exert any energy at all to stay afloat.
And, of course, a picture with the Tiger Rag!

No comments: