I think I've mentioned before that there are several IEIP sites around the world. I probably said there were five, maybe six, but the number continues to grown. Right now, there are sites in Thailand, Kenya, Guatemala, China, Egypt, Bangladesh and Kazakhstan, but the number of sites keeps growing, so right now Egypt is sitting right about in the middle in terms of development and progress.
The site in Kenya has been running since 2004 and is much more well-established than our newer site in Egypt. There are activities ongoing in Nairobi, the capital and largest city in Kenya, and Kisumu, the third largest city in the country, located in the west on Lake Victoria.
IEIP-Kenya is far ahead of our site in terms of data collection in management, so I went down to visit the site for a few days and see the systems that they use and try to learn how we can implement similar systems in Cairo.(I don't think I can even describe how jealous I am of the wide-open, green campus where their offices are located! So much nicer than our little plot of land in the middle of the city!)
08 February 2009
IEIP Kenya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment